We believe all people deserve access to affordable housing and that housing and justice are inherently related. Communities that bear the brunt of lack of access to affordable housing, are disproportionately communities of color.
Home Share Oregon is committed to creating a culture of justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our commitment includes a dedication to constant learning.
Our community’s diversity is what makes it so special. We have a zero-tolerance policy for racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, and any other forms of discrimination. Of course, everyone has preferences when searching for the right housemate. However, our goal is for our community to be as inclusive and open as possible. Stereotypes, or generalizations attributed to all members or a group breed discrimination. Learning about the unfamiliar is an effective antidote.
- Home Share Oregon is committed to creating a culture of justice, diversity, equity and inclusion. Our commitment includes a dedication to constant learning. We will make mistakes, but we are determined to learn from missteps and to improve.
- We will ensure that each member of our board and staff is committed to working on equity and justice.
- We are committed to being part of and leading increasingly diverse coalitions that reflect our state’s population and promote leadership from communities of color.
- We are committed to ensuring all communications regarding home sharing reflect diversity and inclusion and continue to educate and encourage all individuals to home share.
- Home Share Oregon will continue to implement strategies to decrease gentrification by encouraging mortgage burdened homeowners to explore home sharing to alleviate financial duress so people can stay in the homes they love.